Bogus companies sell via Facebook – These companies send faulty products and that’s if they turn up at all. Then you find the website has disappeared!
My family and I have bought many products from companies advertising on Facebook, from Mascara, Lipsticks, to T-shirts and other such like. So far, we have received more faulty items then not and that’s if they turn up at all! We are still waiting on several items that we have little hope in receiving.
I had seen some lovely make-up products that I wanted to buy on Facebook. So as my birthday was in a few weeks (this was back in mid-April as my birthday was at the start of May), my family offered to get them for me. They ordered some of the products approx three weeks beforehand and we are still waiting for one item to arrive. (Magnetic eyelashes with an applicator).
- Outside of the above, I ordered three eyeshadows, I’m in a dispute with the company via Paypal as an extra item was added to my order. My order confirmation does not show this extra item however, it only showed up once I received my Paypal invoice.
Order confirmation at the checkout stage.
Paypal invoice, received AFTER placing and paying for my items.
As you can see, these items are not what you would call cheap, especially with postage costs. So I decided to contact the company with the above proof and asked for a refund on the extra item. I got an apology and told I could have a free item. I asked why then could they not give me a refund on the extra item their company saw fit to add to my order……No reply! So I took it up with Paypal, for all the good that did me. I put in a billing claim, this was their response:
We have reviewed all the details of your claim. Based on the information we have to date, we have to deny your claim. This decision was made because your billing dispute doesn’t match our qualification for a billing dispute.
Then what the hell does it match?? If this is NOT a billing dispute, what is it?? Yes, I have appealed, no, I don’t expect a resolution in my favour.
I appealed Paypal’s decision and yet again they find in favour of the seller??
“We have reviewed all the details of your claim. Based on the information we have to date, we have to deny your claim. This decision was made because the documentation we have on file shows that this transaction is valid and was authorised by you”.
I Appealed again based on their response:
Ok, I tried contacting you outside of this dispute but I was redirected back here. So here goes!
You told me: “Based on the information we have to date, we have to deny your claim. This decision was made because the documentation we have on file shows that this transaction is valid and was authorised by you”.
The information YOU have on file? Surely my claim should be based on the information I have given you?? After all, this is the basis for my claim!!
I’m NOT disputing the transaction, I AM, however, disputing the amount charged. I would like to know how you ascertain I authorised an extra item to my order that I DID NOT purchase nor did it show up on my CONFIRMATION ORDER, you know, the one I check before making my payment?
I have previously sent you my order confirmation clearly showing I purchased 3 items ONLY. Yes, I authorised these but AFTER payment was made for what I believed to be 3 items. I received my Paypal CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT and it was here and ONLY here did I see the extra item added to my order, an item I did NOT authorise to purchase or pay for. For clarity, I have sent these confirmation images to you yet again. You will clearly see in the red circle on my confirmation order, the items ordered were a total amount of THREE. Then, once I made my payment, I received my Paypal confirmation showing the extra item. Please elaborate on why/how I could have possibly authorised the extra item??
I pick three items
I go to the checkout
See three items in my basket
I pay for these three items
I receive my order confirmation from Paypal
Paypal confirmation show 4 items purchased
How does that constitute my authorisation of 4th item???
I await your response.
I got a response:
We received the claim(s) you opened on 21 May 2020.
We’ve reviewed the transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because your billing dispute doesn’t match our qualification for a billing dispute.
We’re sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s).
So now we are back to the start! Funny how they wouldn’t answer my questions. I feel Paypal can be very biased in their decisions.
I have searched their website for a way of contacting them and can only find a live chat thing where you are told “All our agents are currently offline. Please try again during business hours. Messaging support is available: Monday – Sunday: 7am – 5:30pm GMT”. Yeah, work that one out!! Their Facebook page is as helpful as a chocolate teapot and I hold no hope on Twitter either!!
Bogus companies sell via Facebook –
2. I also ordered two mascaras from a different company as I stupidly believed the advert: https://bit.ly/3gh7YBc I have supplied the link to the product for you to see what I’m talking about but I really do not suggest purchasing any item from them.
Fabulous 4D Fiber Mascara – Mascara with waterproof effect, create dramatically beautiful & bold lashes that enhance the beauty of your eyes.
Does it F***!!!!!!
- Waterproof?…..NO! I rubbed my eye later in the day and I ended up with lovely black streaks across the back of my hand.
- Dramatically beautiful & bold lashes that enhance the beauty of your eyes?……NO!! I put on three coats of the stuff and it was useless, didn’t make a difference whatsoever! Better off sticking with what I was originally using. I have to say, the one good thing about this mascara……The bottle, it is rather pretty!
3. Lipstick – lipstick was bought from yet another company and I will NOT put them near my lips. They turned up in what I would call a disgusting and used state.
- The outer box and individual lipsticks all unsealed
- The bottles were all scratched
- One of the lids is broken as it won’t screw shut, just lifts on and off
- Lipstick marks on a couple of the lids like they had been handled by someone with lipstick residue on their hands.
Looking at the images alone, would you use them? With the COVID virus and the fact they turned up in the state they did, I don’t want to use them, so money wasted.
When we tried to contact the company to ask for either a replacement or refund, we found the website no longer existed. So as it was my hubby that ordered them for my birthday as a gift from my daughter, he has also had to take it up with Paypal. (Still waiting on their response).
4. I ordered a bra in a bigger size than I would normally wear and it is small enough to fit my petite 15-year-old daughter.
5. T-shirts from a company called Moteef that send you out Men’s t-shirts even though you have ordered and paid extra for a women tee and when you contact them to rectify their mistake, they send you another T-shirt exactly like the first one!! Really does make the mind boggle.
So I think these are expensive lessons to learn the hard way but learn I have. I will never purchase anything from an advert on Facebook ever again. Order at your own peril!!!
Check eBay, I have found all these items and much more and guess what??? At a much LOWER price too…..RESULT!!!!
If you would like to know more or wish to discuss something else, please don’t hesitate to Contact Me.